Research Watch is a monthly summary of key research findings on the impacts of sugar on health, and what strategies work to reduce excessive sugar consumption. We hope Research Watch will help you stay on top of this rapidly developing body of knowledge and inform your strategic thinking, communications, and advocacy work. You can get Research Watch delivered directly to your inbox each month by subscribing here.
In this issue:
- New analysis reveals stark racial disparities in diabetes among young people.
- Eating fresh fruit may reduce risk of diabetes and its complications.
- A new modeling study looks at how overall grocery purchases change with certain food and beverages taxes.
- Two studies examine the effects of sugary and artificially sweetened beverages on brain health.
- Three studies shed new light on the global scene of obesity and sugary drinks.