What Worked in Berkeley
Each community has unique circumstances that dictate how it will frame and design its campaign. Here are some lessons learned from Berkeley:
- Begin early and soften the ground with education.
- Focus the campaign on children’s health and the future.
- Use social media and stick to key messages.
- Involve those communities which are most affected by diabetes, obesity, heart disease, and dental disease, in the campaign.
- Be prepared for opponents to fight hard.
- Have a well thought-out implementation plan in place.